Why am I Smiling?
The purpose of my smiling exists on several levels.
First of all I am only one of a small handful of “Perfect Predators”. My species has existed since long long before you were even an idea. That all by itself is enough to make me smile.
Second and more to the point (and these are all true use your “googler” and check for yourselves!) I have some awesome capabilities and apart from my species being several hundred million years old I can …
- … go 2-3 years without eating (well maybe a snack or two)
- … move exceedlngly fast if needed (30 mph)
- … and do live mostly in warm sunny weather (nice, huh!)
- … but rarely kill humans (not worth the effort actually, you’re busy killing us off however, just saying!)
- … regrow any tooth I loseI And I have many so no dentures needed and that’s handy!
- … and am a very very very good Mommy!
As a female alligator I pretty much has control over things – except for the men killing me off so I am currently on the endangered species list in most of the areas where my kind live!
I am so not smiling about that.
So there you are! I smile because in almost every way I am a perfect specimen for what I am – A cold blooded reptile (scientifically known to be of the ectotherm category which means that while I do not directly control my bodies temperature I can change my environment to my satisfaction which does affect my bodies temperature – handy that!)
Also smiling is a very good thing, Always!
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed this fun light-hearted approach to making us a little more aware of the current plight of one of mother nature’s entire species. For more specific information and how you can help. click on this link STOP EXTINCTION! Just a part of our (human) responsibility!